Project in Development
The Wedgeport Wind Farm Project is being developed in partnership with Sipekne’katik First Nation, Elemental Energy, and Stevens Wind. The project is strategically located on a windy peninsula near Wedgeport in the Municipality of the District of Argyle. This project will bring significant local investment, jobs, and clean electricity to the Province of Nova Scotia.
On May 4th, 2023 the Wedgeport Wind Farm Project environmental assessment was approved by the Minister of Environment and Climate Change. To view the Project’s environmental assessment and the conditions of approval, please visit the Nova Scotia Department of Environment and Climate Change Website.
Nova Scotia, Canada
Start of Construction 2023
Register For Wedgeport Wind Project Updates
- Project Notification and Public Consultation
- Bid Project into Nova Scotia Rate Base Procurement
- Environmental Field Work
- Execute Power Purchase Agreement with Nova Scotia Power
- Submit Environmental Assessment to Nova Scotia Environment
- Development Permit Application To The Municipality
- Construction Begins
- Commercial Operations